Sunday, March 30, 2014

Scarlet Hair

I now proceeded once again into Madain Sari. I rushed to Eiko's house, going through the scenes and grabbing the Kirman Coffee and the Survival Vest. The other chest just has a Phoenix Down, and it'll still be there on disc 4, so I left it. Zidane was already set up for the upcoming fight in the previous circuit, so I went straight to it.

I couldn't use the strategy in the guide because I had no way of mastering Distract beforehand due to not getting the Reflect Ring, so I used Zjankku's strategy instead. I managed to get a perfect battle for this one. Zidane went first and attacked, then Scarlet Hair attacked and missed, prompting a counterattack from Zidane. When Zidane's turn came up again, I used Lucky Seven for 7777 damage and the win. I could have gotten by without the counterattack if Zidane had landed a critical hit, which happened once, but the Lucky Seven in that attempt didn't do enough damage. After the battle, Zidane mastered Bright Eyes, Bug Killer, Body Temp, and Distract.

Before going anywhere, I made sure to remove all equipment from Dagger, leaving her with an Air Racket. After a bunch of scenes, Amarant then joined the party. Finally, everyone has joined! I gave Amarant Dagger's spot in my lineup, then left Madain Sari and saved. When I reloaded, I equipped my party as follows:

Zidane                    Amarant                     Vivi                       Eiko

The Ogre                Cat's Claws                Oak Staff               Lamia's Flute
Ritual Hat               Ritual Hat                   Ritual Hat              Lamia's Tiara
Mythril Armlet         Bone Wrist                 Magic Armlet         Bone Wrist
Brigandine              Adaman Vest             Magician Robe       Adaman Vest
Black Belt              Coral Ring                  Power Belt             Madain's Ring
_________________________________________________________
HP+20%                Insomniac                   Insomniac
Protect Girls                                            Auto-Potion
Ability Up
Auto-Potion

I also healed Zidane and Vivi and moved Zidane and Amarant to the back row. I then ran through the mountain path for the last time, ran to the base of the Iifa Tree, and saved. My time is now 05:37:31.

No comments:

Post a Comment