Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Mountain Path and Madain Sari

After what happened last time, it seems the RNG is having mercy on me. I got the Oglop card and got to Suzuna on my first try. Before saving, I gave Eiko an Air Racket and removed her Glass Armlet and Sapphire, gave Zidane the Gladius and Gold Choker, and optimized Dagger, then gave her the Stardust Rod and Fairy Earrings. I left Vivi's equipment alone. I also activated Ability Up for Dagger and Vivi, deactivating Loudmouth in order to do so.

Hilgigars turned out to be not so bad, despite how much I hate Lucky Seven. I managed to get through this fight in about ten tries. I actually had two successful battles, but I had an encounter on my way out after the first one. In the battle, Hilgigars opened with an attack against Dagger that missed. I then had Eiko attack Zidane for a guaranteed 18 damage. Vivi then cast Blizzara and Zidane finished with Lucky Seven. As a result of this battle, Zidane learned Man Eater and Auto-Potion, Dagger learned Float, Clear Headed, and Silence, and Vivi learned Slow and Insomniac.

I gained a bit more time by not saving after Hilgigars, but continuing straight to Madain Sari. There's not much to say about this place because it's mostly scene skipping. However, I did not collect the Ore (don't want to change the 3 Ore I have) or the Kirman Coffee because I can get that easier later.

Upon exiting Madain Sari, I saved on the world map before proceeding back to the Mountain Path. It was surprising how many of my attempts on the next part failed because of getting an encounter on the world map. Anyway, I got on the path, grabbed the Ether and the Green Stone, then went to trade in the stones. I then headed back out without saving and toward the Iifa Tree. Back on the world map, I saved halfway to the Iifa Tree with a time of 05:04:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment