Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Finally getting started!

Hard to believe it took me so long to get everything straightened out, but now that's all taken care of and I'm ready to start for real! Here's how my first circuit went:

As soon as I gained control of Zidane, I changed the cursor position to 'Memory', the movement speed to 'Run', the battle speed and message speed to maximum, and the target window to 'Always'. The other settings are already how I want them, so I left them alone.

The Masked Man battle was excellent! I started out with Zidane stealing the Wrist. Cinna then stole the Mage Masher. After that, the boss attacked Cinna, KOing him, and the others knocked themselves out. I couldn't have asked for a better battle.

I looted Alexandria with Vivi. I made a slight mistake with the little girl running back to her house. She was running back to the house as I approached, but I thought I could loot the house if I got in before her. Turned out not to be true. As I was leaving the house, she went out again, so I turned around and went back in to loot the place. My time at the end of this circuit is 00:08:33, which I think is pretty good, especially with that screw up, so I'm keeping it.

I had a previous attempt where I clocked in at 00:08:41, but I decided that wasn't good enough, so I did it over.

5 comments:

  1. After a looong while whithout playing (some years) i founded your guide thanks to Atomos199, i think it's exactly what i want for ending stats. I am following you (;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Did my first post make sense where I explained the different options? Which one are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand your dilemma. First i should mention that i'm french, i hope that i will not understand that you are explaining in the wrong sense (this is the challenge beyond the challenge for me) ;D
    To answer you i love Steiner, it's probably the character i like the most, i even thought to name my future son Adelbert... (i let you imagine). Lost one magic point is nothing but i'm not really agree with it, so if i chose Quina i lost 1 strength but i gain 2 points ! This means the second option is the more perfect one, don't you think ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, and that's why I really want to get this one done. Unfortunately, there's a reason why I say choosing Quina is the hardest option of all. I don't know exactly how much of a buffer I'm going to have at the end, but I'd be willing to bet that it'll be small. That means that anyone attempting this version of the challenge is probably going to have to be pretty close to my times. To give you an idea of what that's like right now, I'm currently about 22 minutes ahead of Atomos199's target time at Cleyra.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if you are aware of this, but french version on the game is PAL, my game speed is more slow than yours. But the biggest problem is that the Excalibur II timing remain inchanged ! So it's impossible to finish. To balance that, i bought a PS1 and an action replay, forced to reset the timer. So i'm not under pressure to rush the perfect save... That's why i'm not worried about this path, i wish you the best in your case.

    ReplyDelete