Saturday, August 16, 2014

Ultimate Chocobo Hot 'n' Cold

Now it's time for one last session of Chocobo Hot 'n' Cold, and it's a doozy! First I played a game in the forest where I got the Forgotten Plains Chocograph and a Chocograph Piece. I saved afterwards, then in the second game I got the last Chocograph Piece and two Dead Peppers. With that done, I rode Choco over to Treno and went to the weapon shop to have Amarant take on Amdusias. Just one attack from Amarant was plenty to end this battle immediately. I then left Treno and dug up the Mist Ocean Chocograph to gain the ability to fly, after which I traveled north to the Outer Continent, made my way to the closest forest, dismounted, and saved.

I then had to reset until Chocobo's Air Garden showed up at the Outer Continent. When it did, I flew up and played a game, making sure I got all eight items so I could get a good score. I need a total score of 10,000 points to get a Robe of Lords, so I had to play several games here to make it. I played a total of nine games at the air garden and got all eight items in each game with an average of about 1,000 points per game. (I already had about 1,000 points coming into this.) I allowed lower scores in my first few games and made up the difference later when Choco could dig better. My highest score was 1485. I probably could have done it in eight games if I'd had a lot more patience, but I just want to get this done. I had three Dead Peppers coming into this and two at the end, so I averaged just under one per game. I was never in danger of running out of them, so I think three is a good starting number. A useful trick I found is that, when exiting the air garden, you can use the square button to make Choco fly backwards. This is faster than turning around to land at the nearby forest.

With the Robe of Lords in hand, I was off to dig up more Chocographs. I got all three Chocographs that are available at the air garden, so my first stop was to get the Outer Island Chocograph with the Ragnarok and the Genji Armor. This only takes 25-30 seconds, so I figure it's a worthwhile detour. Next, I flew over to Vile Island to dig up the Fairy Island Chocograph for the needed Holy Miter. I skipped Forgotten Island because none of its contents are useful. I then landed on the Forgotten Continent and ran west to dig up Forgotten Plains. Finally, I ran to Ipsen's Castle and saved with a time of 09:29:51. Sadly, I'm no longer beating the target time, but that was to be expected at this point.

NOTE: This part could change in up to two ways depending on your perfect game preferences. If you don't want to use Shiva against Shell Dragon, then you don't need the Forgotten Plains Chocograph. You can instead go for one that gives you more money, like Abandoned Beach, or just not bother with a Chocograph. If you plan to have Steiner take Abadon's experience, then you don't need the Robe of Lords. Thus, you'll only need to play one game of Chocobo Hot 'n' Cold at the air garden so you can get Fairy Island. If you have time to spare, you could play another game for Outer Island if you want, but the time investment for you would be about three minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment