Saturday, August 30, 2014

Breaking the Seal

Now I march into Ipsen's Castle. On the way to Kumool, I equipped my party as follows:

Zidane              Freya              Steiner                  Quina

The Ogre          Javelin             Flame Saber          Fork
Red Hat            Barbut            Cross Helm            Green Beret
Bone Wrist       Gauntlets        Thunder Gloves      Egoist's Armlet
Power Vest       Genji Armor    Shield Armor          Mythril Vest
Power Belt        Extension        Lapis Lazuli           Yellow Scarf
_________________________________________________________
Distract             (no changes)    Accuracy+             Ability Up
Master Thief                             Distract                  Millionaire
Ability Up                                 Bird Killer            
Bandit                                      Add Status
                                               Ability Up
     
With my party thus set up for Taharka, I saved with Kumool. After reloading, I marched up to the top of Ipsen's Castle, took the mirrors, and fought Taharka. Zidane opened by stealing the Mythril Claws. Taharka then attacked but missed. When Zidane's turn came up again, he stole the Elixir, and Taharka decided to curl up. On the third turn Zidane finally got the Orichalcon. Steiner then attacked and inflicted Heat, and the battle was over. As a result of this fight, Zidane learned Soul Blade and Add Status, Freya learned Dragon Killer, Cover, Body Temp, Accuracy+, and Level Up, Steiner learned Devil Killer and Distract, and Quina learned Ability Up and Auto-Potion.

I ran back to Kumool and saved again with no random encounters. This next part I kept having to redo because I changed my mind on how to proceed a lot, but my mind is finally made up. On my way out of the castle, I prepared my party members for upcoming battles like so:

Zidane              Freya              Steiner                  Quina

Orichalcon        Javelin             Ragnarok              Silver Fork
Green Beret      Barbut            Cross Helm            Holy Miter
Bone Wrist       Gauntlets         Venetia Shield       Egoist's Armlet
Power Vest       -                     Genji Armor           Gaia Gear
Power Belt        -                     Coral Ring             Yellow Scarf
_________________________________________________________
MP Attack      (no changes)     Accuracy+             Ability Up
Devil Killer                              Distract                  Millionaire
Insomniac                               MP Attack             Insomniac
Bandit                                     Bird Killer

I then went through the scenes with rescuing Amarant and talking about how to break the seal to Terra. When prompted, I chose a party of Vivi, Quina, and Steiner so I wouldn't have to change it as I dropped people off. I flew straight to the Water Shrine, followed by the Fire Shrine. I then took a slight detour to visit Daguerreo. I ran in, fixed the lift, and rode it up to the weapon shop, where I proceeded to empty my inventory of all unnecessary items. Here is my sell list.  An asterisk next to an item means I kept one copy of that item.

Potion (enough so that my number of remaining Potions equals my number of Ores)
Remedy
Antidote
Soft
Annoyntment
Gysahl Greens*
Phoenix Pinion
Dead Pepper*
Tent
Rising Sun
Wing Edge
Mythril Dagger
Gladius
The Ogre
Fork
High Mage Staff
Mythril Claws (only the one stolen from Taharka)
Cat's Claws
Partisan
Ice Brand
Exploda
Thief Gloves
Mythril Gloves
Thunder Gloves*
Lamia's Tiara
Ritual Hat
Red Hat
Golden Hairpin
Mythril Helm*
Gold Helmet
Fairy Earrings
Madain's Ring
Anklet
Feather Boots
Germinas Boots
Demon's Mail
Shield Armor
Plate Mail
Adaman Vest
Brigandine
Extension

After selling all those, I bought the missable items as instructed in the guide as well as a Venetia Shield. I then headed over to the synthesis shop and turned all my remaining Potions and Ore into Opal. I had 13,535 gil remaining after doing all this, so you shouldn't have any problem affording everything here. If you fall a little short for some reason, you could remove Amarant's Jade Armlet and sell that as well.

NOTE: If Steiner is to take Abadon's experience, then you need to give him his leveling gear now. Equip him with the Rune Blade (or Ragnarok), Barbut, Venetia Shield, Diamond Armor, and Dark Matter. You won't be able to level Quina on this path because s/he will need the Dark Gear for all 98 levels, so you don't need to worry about the availability of the Dark Matter in the next part.

I left Daguerreo and saved next to the airship. I then got on, dropped the last two party members off at the Wind Shrine, and traveled to the Earth Shrine. Then, I finally got to use the Earth Guardian strategy that I helped develop over a year ago. I began with an attack from Zidane and Quina casting Night. Zidane then stole the Avenger. When their ATB gauges filled up again, Zidane attacked and Quina cast Night again. Zidane then stole the Rubber Suit. Zidane then attacked one more time and Quina ate Earth Guardian, which taught him Earth Shake. After the battle, Zidane learned MP Attack and Quina learned Insomniac and Level Up.

After the party reuniting scenes, I formed a party with Dagger, Quina, and Amarant. I then landed in Blairsurpass Plains and equipped my party one more time as follows:

Zidane              Dagger              Quina                   Amarant

Orichalcon        Magic Racket    Silver Fork           Kaiser Knuckles
Green Beret      Bandana            Holy Miter           Bandana
-                       -                       N-Kai Armlet       -
-                       -                       Robe of Lords      -
-                       -                       Dark Matter         Black Belt
_________________________________________________________
Accuracy+        Insomniac          Level Up             MP Attack
Bird Killer          Loudmouth        Insomniac            Bird Killer
Alert                                                                    Insomniac
Insomniac                                    
                                               
With my party now prepared for Terra, I saved with a time of 09:49:39.

No comments:

Post a Comment