Monday, June 2, 2014

Chocobo's Lagoon and Catoblepas

Now it's time to get some essential Chocographs. I followed the roundabout way you have to take to get to Chocobo's Lagoon and got the Dawn Lagoon Chocograph in my first game. I then saved and went back in. I decided not to insist on getting a Chocograph and Chocograph Piece in the same game because it's so difficult at this point. Instead I played a game and got a Chocograph, then immediately played another game without saving and got the Chocograph Piece. On my way back to the Blue Narciss I selected Dawn Lagoon and checked to make sure I had Dusk Plains.

When I got back to the Blue Narciss I sailed over to the Chocobo tracks by Chocobo's Forest and called Choco again. (On one attempt I got a random encounter on my way to these tracks, which was really annoying.) I went and dug up Dawn Lagoon for the mountain transformation, then ran over the mountains to Treno and entered. I ran to Mogrich, equipped Vivi with the Running Shoes and activated Auto-Haste, then saved.

With that done, it was time to take on Catoblepas. I used Vivi because I no longer have a Needle Fork. According to the Battle Mechanics FAQ, Vivi's Stop should have a 16% chance of working against Catoblepas, which is slightly better than the Needle Fork. However, Stop takes a few seconds longer due to the spell animation. With Catoblepas defeated, I unequipped Zidane and Vivi and purged my inventory of things I don't need. I bought a Coral Sword and sold all of the following except where noted:

Remedy
Antidote
Soft
Magic Tag
Tent
Mage Masher
Multina Racket
Mythril Rod
Stardust Rod
Ritual Hat
Mage's Hat
Headgear
Feather Hat
Mythril Gloves
Chimera Armlet
Mythril Armlet
Leather Wrist
Oak Staff
Ice Staff
Lamia's Flute
Golem's Flute
Healing Rod
Silk Shirt
Magician Cloak
Survival Vest
Cotton Robe
Magician Robe
Mythril Armor
Desert Boots
Glass Buckle
Madain's Ring
Coral Ring (all but one)
Yellow Scarf (all but one)
Gold Choker
Fairy Earrings
Angel Earrings
Cachusha

With my backpack much lighter, I saved once more in preparation for buying Promist Rings. I now have 355,319 gil and my time is 07:19:15.

NOTE: I forgot that I still had things equipped to my other characters that could have been sold. If you sell more than I did here, you will need to adjust your target gil amounts accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment