Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Detour to Dali and Defending Alexandria

There's not a whole lot that's remarkable about my trip to Dali. I bought 99 Wrists, Leather Hats, and Leather Shirts, then picked up all the missable treasure in Dali and turned in the coffees at Observatory Mountain. When I got back to Treno I ran straight to the card stadium and handily defeated the champion by playing defensively.

After going through some scenes, including giving orders to the Pluto Knights, Steiner and Beatrix rushed out to defend the streets of Alexandria. I didn't bother going into the menu at first. I simply faked out the Mistodon by moving right and then left so I could get around it without fighting. The first battle went really quickly. Both Steiner and Beatrix started with their ATB gauges close to full, so Steiner knocked himself out and Beatrix cast Life on the Mistodon to kill it. In the second battle, I managed to cast Life on the second Mistodon before it could act, so Beatrix only got hit twice. After the battle, I had Beatrix cast Cura on herself, then I removed all of Steiner's and Beatrix's equipment except I gave her a Bronze Helm to mitigate some of the magic damage.

The next Mistodon I fought didn't get a turn before Beatrix killed it with another Life spell. The one after that cast a Fira spell before getting the Life treatment. After that, I had Beatrix use an Elixir on herself before dispatching the Mistodon with yet another Life spell. The last battle always has Beatrix's ATB gauge initially set to empty, so she will get attacked three times in that battle. This is where the Bronze Helm comes in handy. She survived and killed them both with Life spells. In all the times I've done this, I've never had Life miss, so I'd say it's very reliable.

When I gained control of Zidane, I equipped his group as follows:

Zidane                     Freya                   Vivi                       Amarant

Exploda                   Partisan              Flame Staff            Cat's Claws
Ritual Hat                Barbut                 Mage's Hat            Ritual Hat
Chimera Armlet        Mythril Gloves      Magic Armlet         Bone Wrist
Brigandine               Plate Mail            Magician Robe       Chain Plate
Black Belt               Barette                Gold Choker           Power Belt
_________________________________________________________
HP+20%                (no changes)         (no changes)          Devil Killer
Distract                                                                          MP Attack

I also moved Amarant to the front row. Being thus prepared for Tantarian, all that was left was to run to the moogle and save with a time of 06:45:24.

No comments:

Post a Comment