Friday, October 11, 2013

Chocobo's Forest

After grabbing the Tent on my way out, the first order of business upon leaving Lindblum is to recruit Quina. Once that was out of the way, I headed straight to Chocobo's Forest. I got pretty far before saving; I managed to cross the bridge over the river before stopping to save. This made the next bit easier.

I entered the forest and met Mene and Choco. I played my first game and got the Stone with Patterns, then immediately played another game. I didn't bother saving after the first game because getting the Stone with Patterns is just about guaranteed. In my second game I got a Chocograph Piece and the Healing Shore Chocograph, so I went over to South Gate, looted it, and saved.

At this point it was time to learn Limit Glove. I prepared my party for the upcoming battles by optimizing everyone, then removing everyone's headgear except Freya's and giving Zidane the Mage Masher and Coral Ring and Freya the Glass Buckle. I then activated Zidane's Man Eater and Quina's Millionaire. I was hoping for a preemptive battle against the Mandragora. I didn't get one, but the battle I got was still pretty good. Zidane, Freya, and Vivi all attacked, Quina ate the Mandragora, and Zidane used Flee. None of my characters got hurt.

With Limit Glove learned, it was time for another game of Hot & Cold. The Small Beach Chocograph proved more elusive than Healing Shore. I eventually got it, though, as the last item in a game with a nice limit bonus to boot! I don't remember what the other items I got in my games were, but they were all junk, and I can't be bothered to compare the item stashes in my files to see what the differences are.

Now I'm done with Chocobo Hot & Cold until disc 3, so I headed over to Gizamaluke's Grotto and saved outside. My time is now 02:08:05.

No comments:

Post a Comment